The AIM-HI Accelerator Fund is pleased to present the 2021 Women’s Venture Competition. Subject to due diligence and negotiation, the winning company will receive $1 million in investment from AIM-HI and co-investors. Outside of the investment, “Rising Star” and “Most Innovative Technology” prizes will be awarded to chosen contestants. Click here to download the flyer!
- Application Deadline: Saturday, May 15, 2021, 11:59 PM ET
- Announcement of Semi-Finalists: On or around July 20, 2021; E-mail communication to all approved applicants, online to general public
- Virtual Competition: TBD date, Summer 2021, via Zoom; winner and runner-up to be announced
- Final Investment Award Announcement after due diligence: By Fall 2021; In person, e-mail or telephone communication to the selected winner, online to general public
- Application must be submitted by a woman in senior leadership and with equity stakes of an oncology company pre Series A funding—or planning to set up such a company in the near future. The applicant could be a founder, president, chief executive officer, chief scientific officer or chief medical officer.
- Applicant must demonstrate track record of milestone achievement, such as, but not necessarily limited to, government or foundation grants, patents, successful clinical trial phases, prior commercial exits, etc.
- No fee to apply.
A series of private presentations by the semi-finalists, either the women applicants or individually designated female colleagues. PowerPoint or similar presentation formats are required, and must be delivered—verbally and visually—in English.
Presenters are to be available well in advance of their predesignated time slot, and abide by the to-be-determined time limit (around 30 minutes, including segue and the judging committee feedback and questioning periods), which will be strictly enforced per presentation. After the conclusion of the virtual competition, one winner and one runner-up will be selected and announced, to be considered for the final investment award.
Upon signing confidential agreement with the AIM-HI Accelerator Fund, the winner and runner-up will be required to open data room for the Investment Committee to perform detailed due diligence and determine allocation of AIM-HI investment into the business deemed to have the stronger potential for return and cancer patient impact.
If you have questions, need more information or are interested in sponsoring this or other AIM-HI Accelerator Fund initiatives, please contact: